We are delighted to offer a writing competition to attendees as part of the Write By the Sea Festival this year. The winning entry will be broadcast on RTE Radio 1 Seascapes programme presented by Marcus Connaughton. Before you put pen to paper, please read the submission guidelines below carefully.
- The competition is open to original, unpublished and unbroadcast work in the English language. This work can be fiction, non-fiction or poetry. Fiction and non-fiction entries should be no more than 700 words, and poetry no more than 40 lines.
- As the theme of the Festival is “The Sea”, submissions for this years’ competition should have a maritime link.
- Entries should be in print form, formatted with double spacing between lines.
- The entrant’s name and contact details (address, phone number) must be on a separate piece of paper or in a separate Word document attached to your work.
- Closing date is Midnight on Sunday 16th October 2016.
- Entry to the competition is limited to attendees at the Write by the Sea Festival. Writers may submit one entry only. Members of the committee and members of their immediate family are excluded from participating in the competition.
- The winner will be selected by three of the participating authors, Billy Roche, Cat Hogan and Peter Murphy. The Judges decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- The winning entry will be broadcast on RTE Radio 1 Seascapes programme presented by Marcus Connaughton.
- Manuscripts cannot be returned.
ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR EMAIL ENTRIES
Email entries should be submitted as follows:
- Send your entry as an attached Microsoft Word document (files ending with “.doc”)
Please ensure that you do NOT send PDF files.
- Include your email address and other contact details in the body of the email.
- Competition entries should be emailed to writebytheseaKQ@gmail.com
- Please enter the words Writing Competition in the Subject line of your email.