Price: 10,00 €
To complete payment for your competition entry, enter your Credit Card details, to be processed by our payment partner Stripe. A receipt of payment will be sent to the email address provided at this point.
Rules and Conditions
1. Entries must be the original work of the entrant and should not have been previously published in any format, online or print, self-published or paid.
2. Entries must be double-spaced in Microsoft Word, 12 point, Times New Roman font – please do not include images or coloured fonts – and should be saved as .docx or .doc documents. The name of the entrant should not appear anywhere in the document. (see Note A below).
3. Entries must be submitted via the Online Entry Form on the Competition Page of the WBTS website, www.writebythesea.ie where entrants will upload their names and contact details.
4. All entries must be in English.
5. Entrants can submit as many entries as they wish at €10 per entry, or enter 3 pieces, in the same or different categories, for €25.
6. Should your entry win a prize or be published elsewhere, please let us know so that we can remove it from the WBTS 2023 Writing Competition. Entry fees will not be returned if stories are withdrawn after entering.
7. The decision of the judges is final, no correspondence/contact will be entered into, and no feedback will be given to individual entrants.
8. Entrants should retain copies of their work as entries will NOT be returned.
9. Committee members and relatives of committee members of the Write By The Sea festival, its agents, contributors or sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition.
10. All non-winning entries will be deleted from our records after three months from the date of the announcement of the competition results.
11. Entry is taken as acceptance of these rules.
Note A: It breaks our hearts when we have to disqualify entrants who break the rules. Sadly, each year we have to disqualify a significant number of the entries for disregarding simple rules such as not submitting text in double-spacing or including their names and addresses in the text of their submissions. Please remember to spell check and proofread your work. We look forward to receiving your entries and we wish you every success in the 2023 competition.